Friday, May 7, 2010

Dressing Avery: Summer is a Verb


As one of the first persons who placed me on her blogroll, I will always be in debt to Alice of Summer is a Verb, It felt as though I've been initiated into a special club when I saw Alex Grant on her Créme de la Créme list for the first time. So when I came up with the idea for Dressing Avery, Alice was the first person I thought of for a guest post.  As her interview in the New York Times suggest, she is an authority on all things prep so I know my daughter is in good hands. Enjoy!

Daddy again Skip Brooks at Alex Grant is running a series asking some of us female bloggers to pick an outfit for his so scrumptious you could eat her with a spoon daughter Avery. Well, hold on to your wallet Daddy and welcome to Babe's world...

I suggest Lilly right outta the gate, natch...


 It's never to early for a girl to learn early that, even though only she knows it's there (til marriage promise!), nice underwear makes you feel special. And, if you can find the Skivvydoodles panties with the days of the week, even better...

And, a Papo de Anjo cardi for those cool summer evenings and church. Avery should work on her around the neck sweater tying skill set well before those tiresome laces enter the picture...

First come Marie Chantel gold gladiator sandals then comes Louboutins...

Like Mother like daughter with the child's Van Cleef and Arpels Sweet Alhambra mother-of-pearl and gold bracelet. But, Mummy first please...

This child's Nantucket basket purse will be certain to become an heirloom...

And, will be a perf stand in til Daddy springs for the real thing at an appropriate age..

You're in luck cuz Melissa Odabash makes teenie weenie cutesy bikinis for your beach baby...

And, back to Papo de Anjo for a swanky tunic coverup cuz modesty at the proper times is most little ladylike...

We want to make sure your darling's good taste is subliminally ingrained from a young age so make her surroundings are beautiful...

And, instill culture whenever possible...

Lastly, speak to her now of Paris and promise her that one day you will take her there for a father daughter weekend. Because, according to Gwynnie, the first time she sees Paris should be with her Daddy, a man that will love her forever...
Kindness of Skip at Alex Grant for inviting me to contribute. Babe is available for sympathy and a "better you than me" pat on the back. And, I'm available for shopping play dates...XXOO


Dressing Avery is a series of posts where I ask bloggers to come up with the perfect outfit for my daughter. If you or your significant other would like to participate, send me an email at Skipbrooks9@gmail.com and I'll send you the details.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you didn't keel over from sticker shock Skip! Thank you for your kind words and for including me in your series. As you can see, Babe's in for a wooorld of trouble should we ever be blessed with a wee one...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Allie's post about gifts for your adorable daughter on Summer is a Verb. Love her recommendations - every little girl has to have a Lilly shift or two! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete